Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bake 52 Week 19: New York Crumb Cake

This cake literally just popped out of the oven. I honestly won't try it until tomorrow (i'm on Eastern time, 10:30 here). I'm off to bed. I will update this post tomorrow with a better recap of the recipe, and how I liked it. For now, here's the proof that I made it! And just in the nick of time! I think I may have over cooked it slightly.


xoxo

j

Ok, Here's the update.  It's a great cake!  The bottom is super light and fluffy.  I'm not quite as crazy about the topping, but it's still good.  The cake was really easy to make.  The most tedious part was putting the crumb topping on.  I do taste a slightly strange flavor in the after taste.  Did anyone else notice that?  Also, did anyone try not use cake flour?  I used it, but I wonder if it really made a difference.  Here's one more picture that I took this morning.


xoxo

j

2 comments:

  1. Your cake looks great! I am on pins and needles, waiting to see what you thought! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made it a few months ago without cake flour and it actually makes a big difference. I agree-it took forever (as in like 3 min) to put the topping on :)

      Delete