Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Bake 52 Week 23: Coconut Macaroons

I have never had these before.  I have to say, I'm not the biggest fan of coconut so I wan't thrilled about making the coconut macaroons.  I was completely surprised with the outcome because they taste amazing.  I love it when that happens!  My husband LOVES them too.  Another great feature about this recipe is that it's gluten free!  I come from family of sensitive stomachs.  There are tons of food allergies between us.  My 3 year old niece just found out that she is allergic to gluten.  It's always nice to find a good gluten free recipe.  Here's the link to the entire recipe: http://jepsenfamily.blogspot.com/2012/06/bake-52-coconut-macaroons.html.  I highly recommend this recipe to anyone.  There is also a hint of almond flavor in it, which I love.



xoxo

j


4 comments:

  1. mmmmm... yours look delish!! I loved the hint of almond, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look perfect. So glad you guys liked them! I love it when I am surprised by a recipe too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. as usual your pics look fab. I don't know what happened to my macaroons-they looked terrible and tasted like...coconut. Which I actually like, but really, I felt like "why bother making macaroons, I should just eat the coconut out of the bag". Anyhow, I must have done something wrong bc everyone else loved them. For now, I think I'll stick with mounds and almond joys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I love macaroons. Wish I were there to sample them with you! Love your blog, Jesse!

    ReplyDelete