Monday, November 1, 2010

Too much cook, not enough clean!

My fun week of cooking is officially over.  Here are a few more food items that I somehow managed to squeeze into my weekend:

5 Pumpkin Rolls

I  made 1 for Hannah B's birthday, and 4 for Ward Prayer.  It was my first time making them.  They were a little more work than I expected, but well worth it!  I made two with walnuts, and three without nuts.  It's the recipe on the back of the Libby's pumpkin puree can.

Chocolate spiderweb cake with cream cheese frosting and a strawberry filling (all from scratch):


I made this cake for Hannah B's birthday.  I don't have much experience with decorating cakes, so this was an experiment. I'm not sure if it would make my mom proud (she's an AMAZING cake decorator) but everybody's got to start somewhere right?!?  I have to admit, I was really regretting the fact that I never took advantage of learning all her cake decorating skills while I lived at home.  She would have loved to teach me!

  




This is my sister-in-law, Hannah.  Her birthday is on Halloween day!  I think she's the luckiest girl in the world.  I would love to have a Halloween birthday!








While i'm at it...


I actually made this birthday cake a few weeks ago for my friend, Dede.

To sum things up, here is a list of what I made this weekend:
Friday:  20 caramel apples
Saturday:  5 pumpkin rolls, pesto/sun dried tomato/cream cheese dip, Halloween bark candy, salad with an orange vinaigrette
Sunday:  Chocolate spiderweb cake
I can't believe I pulled it all off!  I had no idea that I had this in me.

Last week was devoted solely to cooking.  I had way too much fun, and now I have to deal with the consequences.  My poor apartment has been terribly neglected...so this is the official week of cleaning!  And to make my life even more miserable, I'm also going on a no low-sugar diet this week!  I guess this is the price I have to pay for such a fun cooking weekend. Ugg. But first... my husband is claiming to be "starving", and I need some motivation for my dreadful week.  So what's a girl to do?!?  I have no choice. I must make us some homemade chicken noodle soup.  :) Wish me luck!

xoxo

j

3 comments:

  1. I am definitely impressed. Everything looks delicious and very adorable. My mom is also an incredible cook and makes everything look perfect. I'm just now realizing that I think I want those skills as well. I should have learned more from her while I was younger. Good luck with your cleaning and low sugar diet this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe! I am so hungry after looking at your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cake looks so good! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete