Saturday, April 7, 2012

Springtime Dirt Cakes


Every time Spring rolls around I get the urge to make dirt cups (or cakes, whatever you like).  Probably because I love any excuse I can find to eat Oreo's.  

I got this recipe from cooks.com.  I had to revise the directions quite a bit, because it was not self explanatory.  It left a lot up to the imagination.  I found that this recipe is better than most that I've had, because it's not as rich (though it's still plenty rich!).

Dirt Cups/Cakes
2 (20 oz.) pkgs. Oreo cookies

1/2 stick butter

1 (8 oz.) cream cheese

1 c. powdered sugar
3 1/2 c. milk
2 sm. French vanilla instant pudding boxes
1 (12 oz.) Cool Whip

Cream the butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar together. In another bowl, mix pudding together with the milk.  Add the Cool Whip to pudding mixture. Then blend in with the cream cheese mixture.
Crumble the Oreo's in a blender or food processor, and leave the cream in the Oreo's. Add some of the Oreo's into the pudding mixture.  Then start the layering.  You can do this however you like.  I started with a layer of Oreo's, then the pudding mixture, then more Oreo, topped with gummy worms.  Here's a good tip.  Pipe in the pudding mixture.  It is so much easier, and way less messy.  If you only want to make a few cups, halve this recipe.

xoxo

j

No comments:

Post a Comment