Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Diaries of a COOKIEholic


Today I realized that my blog should be called Diaries of a Cookieholic.  I make cookies almost every week!  I guess you could say that I'm a cookie connoisseur.

On Sunday I made a cookie that is a childhood favorite.  I call them Russian Tea Cakes, but they are also known as Mexican Wedding Cookies.  The recipe is straight out of the Betty Crocker Cookbook (a must-have).  This is also an egg-less recipe, for those of you who may have an egg allergy.  I could eat a million of these little babies.  Here's the recipe:

Russian Tea Cakes

Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup finely chopped nuts (I like Walnuts)
1/4 tsp. salt
Powdered sugar

Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Mix butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and the vanilla in large bowl.  Stir in flour, nuts and salt until dough holds together.  Shape dough into 1 inch balls.  Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake 10 to 12 minutes (I do 10) or until set but not brown.  Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack; cool 5 minutes.  Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar; cool on wire rack 5 minutes.  Roll in powdered sugar again.  Makes about 40 cookies.

Enjoy!

xoxo

j

No comments:

Post a Comment