Sunday, October 17, 2010

My baby is all grown up!


No, not the one on my stomach! That baby still has about 12 weeks in the oven. I mean my beautiful basil plant. This summer, my Mom gave me a small basil plant. I have babied this thing like no other. I water it, talk to it, and rotate it numerous times a day so that every inch of it see's the sun. It even lives in the future baby room! (It's the window with the best lighting). The only problem is that I love this basil plant so much that i'm too scared to use it! Well I finally got over that tonight! In fact, I butchered the poor thing. I made a wonderful homemade basil pesto (recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis).

Before and After photos:



Tonight my husband, Levi, and I made a divine pizza with our homemade pesto! We used a store bought pizza Boboli pizza crust, and topped it with pesto, Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, toasted pine nuts and red onion.

I thought about branching out and using mushrooms for a millisecond, but didn't want to risk the chance of ruining it. Maybe next time... It was a delicious pizza. This picture was before I cooked it in the oven. I meant to take one after it was cooked but by the time it came out of the oven, I was so excited to eat it that I forgot to take the picture!

xoxo
j

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha, you are funny! do you think itll survive the winter? tell us how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pizza looks SOOOO yummy! I love love pesto and pine nuts! I def need to try this out!

    ReplyDelete